5) Avoid fast starts – aggressive acceleration can reduce gas mileage by 33%.
6) Stay in the shade. The hot summer temperatures cause a greater amount of evaporative emissions. Parking in the shade can help reduce that amount.
7) Keep an eye on your spark plugs. A spark plug that misfires can lower your vehicle's fuel-efficiency by up to 30%.
8) Respect the speed limits. Speeding is a fast way to pull down your fuel efficiency.
9) Give the air-conditioning a break when possible. AC can bring your vehicle's fuel economy down by 10-20%.
10) Take care of your engine. A simple tune-up has the potential to boost your miles per gallon from anywhere between 4% and 40%.